top of page


Our firm can help you with wills, powers of attorney, and trusts. We offer estate planning support to meet your needs.

If you have an existing estate plan, we can review your documents and determine if any updates or additional planning is needed.

Simple Wills

A simple will is used to leave your property to your spouse and/or children. This type of will is not appropriate for every situation, and you may need a complex will if you’d like any of the following additional options:

•Leave property to someone other than your children or spouse

•Create an itemized list of personal belongings

•If you have a blended family (ie, step families)

•If you have minor children and wish to designate a guardian

•If you have minor children and wish to set up a trust

•If all of your living children are not inheriting equally

If you aren’t sure what type of will you need, our firm can review your case during an initial consultation.

Power of Attorney

A power of attorney gives your chosen agent the power to make certain decisions on your behalf. Two of the most important estate planning documents you can have are a durable power of attorney and a healthcare power of attorney.

A durable power of attorney gives an agent the ability to manage your finances if you become incapacitated. You should choose a family member or someone you trust for this role. They’ll be able to pay your bills, transfer assets, and handle your financial matters while you are unable to do so.

A healthcare power of attorney can make medical decisions on your behalf if you are incapacitated. You may also want a living will or advanced healthcare directive to state your specific wishes regarding certain types of medical treatment.

Both of these documents are needed to allow your family to handle your affairs if you become seriously injured or incapacitated. 


Trusts are a legal entity that can be used to hold and manage your property. One of the most common trusts is a revocable living trust, which is often used as a probate avoidance strategy.

Each trust needs documents to create the trust and state how the property should be managed. You’ll also need to choose a trustee to administer the trust.

Schedule your consultation to sit down with us today. Call us at 305-263-3086 or you may also contact us online.

bottom of page